Nawamin's Pad Kee Mao Recipe
BBC MASTERCHEF FINALIST NAWAMIN'S Pad Kee mao (Drunken Noodles) Recipe
Buy the ingredients to make Nawamim's Drunken Noodles (Pad Kee Mao) Recipe
You can purchase some of the ingredients below to cook along with Nawamim Boss Pinpathomrat, BBC Masterchef finalist, and make his Thai Pad Kee Mao recipe.
Ever heard of Drunken Noodles? It is the literal translation of Pad Kee Mao because the theory is that these spicy Thai noodles should be eaten with an ice cold beer and that they are a great cure for hangover.
100 g of Thai rice noodles
5 cloves of garlic (crushes)
5 Thai bird’s eye chilies (crushes)
Mixed vegetables; mushroom, red pepper, sweet corn and kale (chopped)
½ onion (thinly sliced)
2 red chilies (sliced)
4 kaffir lime leaves
1 handful Thai basil (or regular basil) 2 tbs of fish sauce
2 tbs of vegetable oil
2 tbs of light soy sauce
1 tsp of dark soy sauce
1tsp of sugar
1/2 lime (wedged for serving)
1. Heat vegetable oil in a medium pan, add crushed garlic and bird eye chilies, stir until fragrant
2. Mix rice noodle with dark soy sauce and add the noodle into the pan and quickly stir.
3. Add chopped mixed vegetables and sliced onion, season with fish sauce, light soy sauce and sugar then stir until the vegetables are cooked.
4. Add sliced red chilies, kaffir lime leaves and Thai basil then turn off the heat
5. Serve with a wedge of lime