Kelvin Tan's Kuay Teow Moo Sen Lek Tom Yum
Follow the recipe below to make Kelvin Tan's Kuay Teow Moo Sen Lek Tom Yum
Mango lover? Give it a go to @cookingwith_yui’s Khao Neaw Ma Maung �� �� Ingredients * 250 g thai sticky rice (I use half white and half black but you can use just white sticky rice) * 250 ml or 1 tin coconut milk * 80 granulated sugar * 1/2 tsp salt * 2-3 ripe mango (peeled and cut up) * 1-2 tbsp from the thick part of coconut milk from the tin * 1 tbsp sesame seeds (toasted) Steps * Soak your sticky rice in the water at least 2 hours or over night.
* On the steamer, drain soaked rice into the colander and transfer rice to a muslin cloth and place it in the bamboo steamer. Cover and steam over high heat for 30 to 45 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
* To make salty coconut topping, while you are waiting for your rice to cook, open a tin of coconut milk and scoop a couple of tablespoons of the thick part of coconut milk into a small saucepan, keep stirring, turn the heat on low heat to warm through the coconut milk. Once coconut milk start to simmer add a pinch of salt, mix well and turn the heat off.
* To make sweet coconut sauce to pour onto sticky rice, put the rest of coconut milk in another saucepan, add 80g of sugar and 1/2 tsp of salt and stir until all the sugar dissolved. Turn the heat off.
* Once your sticky rice cooked, transfer it into a big mixing bowl. Add the sweet coconut milk sauce into the sticky rice and mix well. Leave it for about 30 min, give time of the sticky rice to absorb all coconut milk mixture.
* Serve with cut up mango and top up your sticky rice with salty coconut milk and toasted sesame seeds. Perfect pair with @monsoonvalleyuk dessert wine �� * You can get ingredients from @essenceofthailand @wingyipstore Talard thai: 01202577187 #thailandkitchenoftheworld #thaifood #thaistreetfood #stickyrice #mangostickyrice #thairecipe #thaidessert #coconutmilk #thaiselectuk